January 04, 2011

The Journey

It is late tonight, but before I lay my head down I definitely owe this family a preview. So I won't be too wordy. As I edit photos it is typical for a specific word to come into my mind that defines the shoot and the emotion I feel from the pictures. The word that continually popped into my head tonight as I worked was "journey."

This family is embarking on a new part of their journey in life. Soon their youngest will be graduating and leaving the nest. As I looked through these pictures it was hard not to think about where they've been and where they are going.

And in an effort to do as I said and "not be too wordy" - here is the preview to enjoy:


(I love that they're all looking toward Dad in this picture.)







(As we were wrapping up the session they told me that they had done a similar shot like this for many years, in fact I had seen one from a summer trip. I am so glad they stopped and asked that we did this shot so we could continue their tradition.)


"We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us..."

Marcel Proust
TREASURE photography
{Orlando Photographer}

2 comments:

Andrea January 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

love it you take terrific pics!

Alexa Slaughter January 5, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

Love love love love! Thanks for putting the preview up! Can't wait to see the rest of them!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP